22/10/2017: Faith on the Line
Psalm 130 msg
–2 Help, God—the bottom has fallen out of my life!
Master, hear my cry for help!
Listen hard! Open your ears!
Listen to my cries for mercy.
3-4 If you, God, kept records on wrongdoings,
who would stand a chance?
As it turns out, forgiveness is your habit,
and that’s why you’re worshiped.
5-6 I pray to God—my life a prayer—
and wait for what he’ll say and do.
My life’s on the line before God, my Lord,
waiting and watching till morning,
waiting and watching till morning.
7-8 O Israel, wait and watch for God—
with God’s arrival comes love,
with God’s arrival comes generous redemption.
No doubt about it—he’ll redeem Israel,
buy back Israel from captivity to sin.
James 1: 2-6: Faith Under Pressure
Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.
If you don’t know what you’re doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You’ll get his help, and won’t be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought.
- What was it like for you to listen to other church member’s testimonies?
- Have you tended to think that this type of sharing is only for “those GIANTS of the Faith?”
- Can you remember a recent “Faith on the Line” episode that you experienced? Are you prepared to share it with the group or another person?
- Share some special scriptures that have helped you through life’s difficulties.
- Consider writing out “My Story” which includes “Look what the Lord has done!” and have it ready to read or share with the group.