19/05/2019: Fruits of the Spirit
Psalm 111: 1-4;7-8
1 Praise the Lord.[b]
I will extol the Lord with all my heart
in the council of the upright and in the assembly.
2 Great are the works of the Lord;
they are pondered by all who delight in them.
3 Glorious and majestic are his deeds,
and his righteousness endures forever.
4 He has caused his wonders to be remembered;
the Lord is gracious and compassionate.
7 The works of his hands are faithful and just;
all his precepts are trustworthy.
8 They are established for ever and ever,
enacted in faithfulness and uprightness.
- Thinking about the above verse, how has God shown his faithfulness to you?
- Our faithfulness is built on a ‘foundation’. What is the foundation of your faithfulness and can you explain it to others?
- If faithfulness is not built on love and relationship then it is not faithfulness but legalism…have you, or are you, experiencing legalism in your relationship with God and others instead of faithfulness?
- What are some moments in your life where the Holy Spirit has helped you stay loyal to God?
- Do you believe the fruit of faithfulness produces freedom?