25/04/2021 | LISTEN TO MY VOICE
JOHN 10 : 11 -18
10:11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
10:12 The hired hand, who is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and runs away–and the wolf snatches them and scatters them.
10:13 The hired hand runs away because a hired hand does not care for the sheep.
10:14 I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me,
10:15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father. And I lay down my life for the sheep.
10:16 I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.
10:17 For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life in order to take it up again.
10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it up again. I have received this command from my Father.”
- How does the image of Jesus as the Good Shepherd illuminate who Jesus is?
- Are you able to “follow” or are you more comfortable with “leading”?
- Do you struggle with the idea of needing help? Another way to ask this question is, “How comfortable are you with sharing your inadequacies (not to be confused with false humility)?”
- Do people truly need a Savior? A Savior from what?
- How is Jesus being our Good Shepherd good news?
- How do we let others know that God’s voice is a voice worth hearing?
- How do you listen to the “voice” of Jesus?