13/06/2021 | GROWING INTO THE NEW CREATION
Mark 4:26-34 and
2 Corinthians 5:1, 6-10, 14-17
- Why do you think Jesus used agricultural metaphors with his audience?
- What might Jesus be stating about the kingdom of God through these parables (Mark 4:26-34)?
- Why did Jesus use parables to teach the mysteries of the gospel to the crowds?
- How might we be a living parable for the kingdom of God?
- What might Paul mean by saying that “from now on . . . we regard no one from a human point of view” (v. 16)?
- How does Paul’s affirmation that we are “new creations” make you feel? What does it mean to be a “new creation”?
- Take time to have each person reflect on (5-10 minutes) and then share their testimony of how God’s grace has affected their lives (should be less than five minutes). To help you, remember a testimony is your story about your experiences of God’s love (grace) at work in your life. The points below will help you think it through:
- Life before encountering God’s grace.
- Encountering God’s grace (Who was there? Where did it happen?) and …
- How has life changed because of experiencing God’s grace?
Close with a Prayer