22 AUGUST 2021 | THE ARMOUR OF GOD
THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD
Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God’s armour so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. 12 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armour so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. 14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armour of God’s righteousness. 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. 16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. 17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere
New Living Translation (NLT) Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
QUESTIONS FOR REFLECTION:
· Where does Paul note the source of our strength coming from (v. 10)?
· Who does Paul observe as our real enemies (v. 12)? What does this say about who are enemies are and are not?
· Which part of the armour of God do you desire the most and why?
· How might this armour help us to “stand against” evil (v. 11)?
· How might this armour help us to “keep alert” (v. 18)?
· What have you learned in this series on Ephesians to help you be “geared up for life”?
· How can STMC be of further help to you as you seek to grow as a disciple of Jesus for the transformation of the world?
Tim. i With thanks to Discipleship Ministries